Thursday, July 23, 2009

the flowers

I LOVE blue hydrangeas and they are the perfect summer flower to go with our light blue accent color [not to mention they were my uncle's favorite]. I initially wanted my mother to make the bouquets/boutonnieres out of fake flowers but I haven't found any that look remotely nice ... at all. At the moment, I am considering real hydrangeas although they will be hard to keep from wilting in the summer heat. I really want to use the flowers off both my grandmothers' hydrangea bushes for the reception decorations. I'm hoping they will be in bloom! I would also like to use the bridal/bridesmaid bouquets as additional decorations at the reception.

My Bridal Bouquet:
blue hydrangeas
baby's breath
pearl sprigs
white ribbon around the stems

Bridesmaids Bouquets:
blue hydrangeas
light blue ribbon

Here are some pictures I like:































No comments:

Post a Comment